WORX Pegasus Work Table:
|Model:||Pegasus||Table Load Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Table Size:||31" x 25"||Sawhorse Load Capacity:||1000 LBS|
|Working Height:||32"||Storage Shelf:||Yes|
|Foldable:||Yes||Clamps Included:||2x Quick/4x Dogs|
|Clamping System:||Yes||Warranty:||6 Years|
|Max Clamping Width:||18"||Weight:||30 LBS|
- 1x WORX Pegasus Multi-Function Work Table
- 2x Quick Clamps
- 4x Clamp Dogs
Have you ever experienced the frustration of trying to delicately cut or sand a piece of timber, only for it to slip out of place leaving you with not-so-right angles, cuts that are undeniably too long or too short, and joints that just don’t fit the way they should? As embarrassing as it is to admit, we have, multiple times!
You see, instead of using a dedicated work table, in our (now thankfully previous) moments of madness we’d take a shortcut and try to cut or sand a piece of timber while our foot clamped it in place off the edge of a wall or step. Not only did this lead to shoddy workmanship, but it was also far from safe – in other words, it was the complete opposite of what you should do.
It’s a false economy too, as the cost of all that wasted timber and extra time spent rectifying defects would have more than covered the price of a work table. Oh dear…
That’s especially true when it comes to the WORX Pegasus multi-function work table. As you’ll see from this article, it’s not only one of the most affordable combined work table and sawhorse options available, but it’s also one of the most versatile and easy-to-use, too.
From its no-assembly needed rapid conversion from a work table to a sawhorse capable of supporting 300 lbs and 1000 lbs respectively, to its use of quick-clamps and clamping dogs to help you secure larger and more complex items, it’s one of the best options on the market in our opinion.
Is it the right choice for you though?
Let’s find out by looking at everything you need to know about the WORX Pegasus multi-function worktable…
Based on the introduction, you could be forgiven for thinking that work tables like the WORX Pegasus are only really suited to people who are involved with woodworking, but that’s not the case at all.
Work tables are hugely versatile, and as a result, they can be used by many different types of people to help complete a wide range of tasks both in or out of a workshop.
Here are just a few examples:
- Keen DIYers
- Professional Tradespeople
- Painters and Decorators
You can do a lot with a workbench as we’ve discussed, but this is even perhaps more true with the Pegasus work table given the fact that it’s multi-functional (converting quickly from a work table to a sawhorse and vice versa), and because it can easily clamp larger and more complex items using the supplied quick-clamps and dogs (clamping pegs).
Here are just a few of the things that it is well-suited to:
- Being used both in and out of the workshop given its lightweight and foldable design.
- Clamping pieces of timber during cutting or sanding (wood up to 18 inches in depth or height in either a horizontal or vertical direction, and up to 300 lbs in weight).
- Supporting timber up to 1000 lbs in weight when functioning as a sawhorse.
- Holding a hobbyist’s projects during gluing and painting.
- Holding a painter and decorator’s paint tins and brushes when functioning as a side table.
- Supporting various pots, plants, and garden features being worked on by a gardener, landscaper or anyone interested in garden care.
- Being used with other WORX support products, for example, other Pegasus work tables thanks to their ability to connect together, or the Sidekick portable table and Clamping Sawhorses given the fact that they have the same working height.
As we’ve alluded to, the WORX Pegasus multi-function work table is ideally suited to anyone who works with their hands, from DIYers and professionals operating in a workshop, garage, or at the job site, to gardeners looking for a handy potting table that they can quickly move around depending on their needs.
It’s from a woodworking and project perspective that the WORX Pegasus truly excels, though, with a major advantage being that you can change it from a workbench to a sawhorse and back again in a matter of seconds as shown below, all without any disassembly or reassembly. So, regardless if you need support while cutting longer pieces of wood, or you need to clamp a piece of timber securely in place during sanding, the WORX Pegasus has you covered.
It comes with all the attributes you’d expect from an all-in-one workbench and sawhorse too. Firstly, it’s strong – like seriously strong – with a load capacity of 300 lbs when functioning as a work table, and 1000 lbs when used as a sawhorse, which should be more than sufficient for virtually all users.
Secondly, its sturdy polypropylene table top measures a more than reasonable 31″ x 25″ in size, allowing you to support larger materials with ease, while the 32″ working height provided by its durable steel legs is a good mix of being low enough to make it easier to lift materials onto, yet tall enough to minimize how much bending over is needed when using the workbench.
It also comes complete with two quick-clamps that feature a maximum clamping width of 18 inches, and four clamping dogs which you can slot into the assortment of holes on the table top of the WORX Pegasus. These help you to not only clamp larger-sized materials with ease, but also make it possible to clamp more complex shapes safely and securely while you work on them as shown below.
Do you like the prospect of a workbench that you can move around your workshop to suit the needs of your latest project? How about one that you can pack up hassle-free to take to a new job for a client across town?
We do too – and this is just one more example of an area the WORX Pegasus excels in.
You see, with its foldable, lightweight design (it weighs only 30 lbs), it couldn’t be easier to take the WORX Pegasus work table to wherever the work is. Unlike conventional workbenches, it won’t be a struggle to move the Pegasus in its unfolded state, or you can quickly collapse it (literally in seconds), making it a piece of cake to transport to wherever you need it most thanks to its compact folded size that measures just five inches in depth.
Even better? It includes handy holders for the supplied quick clamps and clamp dogs to keep them together and accounted for, ensuring you know exactly where they are and have them to hand when you need them most.
That’s all well and good, but here at ToolCrowd, we know all too well from experience that portability doesn’t always translate into durability.
Thankfully, WORX clearly shared our thought process, and they’ve not only opted for the tough polypropylene tabletop and steel legs discussed earlier but have also fitted the Pegasus work table with lockable legs to stop it moving around and to provide a sturdy base for whatever work you’re completing.
Despite the WORX Pegasus providing everything that the majority of users could ever need from their multi-function work table, there will always be a handful of users who require something extra.
For example, when working with large sheets or panels, it could be the case that the table top on the Pegasus just isn’t big enough to fit your needs. So what do you do? You could look for a larger workbench, and while this sounds great in principle, the downside is that you’ll end up losing most of the portability that makes this particular work table so appealing in the first place!
Thankfully, the WORX Pegasus is still our go-to recommendation in these situations, as it features a quick-clip system that allows you to connect multiple Pegasus models together quickly and easily as shown below for added flexibility, capacity, and convenience.
That’s not all though. It also features the same working height as other support items in the WORX range including their Sidekick and Clamping Sawhorse models, meaning you can easily mix and match various work tables, side tables, and sawhorses as you see fit, confident in the fact that they’ll all work together.
The WORX Pegasus comes packed with other helpful features too, including a built-in storage shelf to hold your hand tools, power tools and their supplies, and a power strip to keep everything together and to-hand. It also features helpful measurement guides on the table’s top to make quick measurements, cuts, and adjustments easy.
It’s no great surprise that the WORX Pegasus multi-function work table has received so many positive reviews online.
Not only is it highly affordable, but it comes packed with more than enough features to make it an obvious choice for the home, garage, workshop, or job site of amateurs and professionals alike. Throw in the superior build quality and six-year warranty, and it wouldn’t be a surprise if you were still using it in years to come.
The only slight downfall in our opinion is the fact that the height isn’t adjustable, but this somewhat pales into insignificance when you consider the countless other features and benefits offered by the WORX Pegasus.
We’ve included a summary of the various advantages and disadvantages of this particular WORX work table below to help you make up your mind.
WORX Pegasus Multi-Function Work Table
- It’s very affordable and offers great value for money (it’s cheaper than many other work tables despite having more features, and it regularly receives positive reviews).
- Spend more time working and less time preparing with the ability to convert the WORX Pegasus from a workbench to a sawhorse in seconds without any complex disassembly/reassembly.
- Handle bigger requirements with ease thanks to its large table size, its more than adequate 18″ maximum clamping width, and its high weight limits of 300 lbs (as a workbench) and 1000 lbs (as a sawhorse).
- Don’t struggle when working with items of complex shapes – the workbench comes with four clamping dogs to hold irregular pieces safely and securely.
- Make quick cuts and adjustments with ease using the table’s built-in measurement guides.
- Waste less time trying to find your tools and equipment – keep them exactly where you need them thanks to the work table’s built-in storage shelf.
- One WORX Pegasus not enough for you? No problem – enjoy the flexibility of connecting it to another Pegasus work table using the supplied joiners, or using it with another WORX support product such as the Sidekick portable table or Clamping Sawhorses given that they all feature the same working height.
- Take the WORX Pegasus wherever the work is given its lightweight and portable design that measures just five inches deep when folded.
- Be confident in its ability to handle whatever you can throw at it thanks to its durable polypropylene tabletop and steel legs.
- The WORX Pegasus features a fixed working height of 32″ – it cannot be adjusted to suit the needs of specific users or tasks better.
WORX Pegasus vs Keter Folding Work Table
Besides being made by different companies, there are quite a few differences between the WORX Pegasus vs Keter Folding Work Table.
The most obvious difference relates to the size of the table top on each model. The table top on the Pegasus isn’t as long as that on the Keter (31″ versus 33.46″), but it’s quite a bit wider at 25″ versus the Keter’s 21.65″. As a result, the working surface area of the Pegasus workbench is a good bit larger overall (approximately 781 square inches versus around 724 square inches on the Keter Folding Work Table).
You can’t adjust the height on either model, but the Pegasus workbench is slightly taller as standard (32″ versus 29.7″ on the Keter model), and this will probably make it a better option for taller users.
While both models are foldable and they both come with two quick-clamps, the Pegasus workbench is a lot more versatile given that its maximum clamping distance sits at 18″ versus the Keter’s 12″, and you can also use it with the four supplied clamping dogs to help when working with more complex shapes.
Given a choice, we’d go with the Pegasus workbench since it has a larger table top surface area, it’s taller as standard, and because it has a larger dimensional capacity and can handle more complex items thanks to its bigger quick-clamps and supplied clamping dogs.
Here is a summary of the key details for each model:
(Scroll table if needed)
Looking to tackle larger projects on your workbench? Or, do you find yourself frequently needing to work on projects long into the night?
Here are a few popular WORX Pegasus accessories to help you out:
WORX Clamping Sawhorse Pair – WX065
The WX065 pair of clamping horses can be used along with your Pegasus to handle longer cutting requirements with ease. The 2x lightweight sawhorses support up to 1,000 lbs when used together, and they’re foldable for easier transportation and storage.
See It on Amazon
WORX WX026L.9 20V Work Light (Tool Only)
Keep working even when it gets dark with the WX026L.9 20V work light. It features a brightness of 1500 lumens, a 360-degree pivot, and a handy hook/stand depending on how you want to use it. Note: the battery and charger are sold separately.
See It on Amazon
WORX WX066 Sidekick Portable Work Table
As with the WX065, the WX066 can be used alongside your Pegasus folding work table, or separately. It supports up to 300 lbs thanks to a sturdy metal leg frame, and it features a foldable design/removable tabletop to make it easier to transport and store.
See It on Amazon
- Does it come assembled?
- What height is the WORX Pegasus folding work table?
- What is the maximum clamping width?
- Are the supplied clamps removable?
- What are the dimensions of the table top?
- Can you use multiple WORX Pegasus work tables together?
- Does the Pegasus workbench convert into one sawhorse or two?
- Is it foldable?
- What is the folded size?
- Do the legs lock in position during use?
- Are the legs extendable?
- Does the Pegasus work table feature channels for cutting?
WORX Pegasus Multi-Function Work Table