Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Washer:
|Model Number:||SPX3000||Cord Length:||35 Feet|
|Motor:||14.5A, 1800W Motor||Detergent Tank:||Included|
|Power Source:||Electric||Tips Included:||x5|
|Maximum Pressure:||2030 PSI||Foldable Handle:||No|
|Working Pressure:||1450 PSI||Hose Length:||20 Feet|
|Maximum Flow Rate:||1.76 Gallons/min||Hose Thread:||M22|
|Decibels (dB):||96||Product Dimensions:||15.6" x 13.5" x 33.9"|
|Water Capability:||Cold||Product Weight:||31 lbs|
- 1x Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Washer
- 5x Quick-Connect Spray Tips (0º, 15º, 25º, 40º, Soap)
- 1x Trigger Gun
- 1x Spray Wand
- 1x 20ft High Pressure Hose
- 1x 35ft Power Cord w/ GFCI protection
- 1x Garden Hose Adapter
- 1x Needle Clean-Out Tool
- 1x Operator’s Manual
Let’s face it, manually scrubbing your driveway or patio is never fun. Not only does it seem never-ending, but it’s hugely tiring and backbreaking into the bargain. It’s no wonder either – did you honestly think that your garden hose and the old brush that you found in the garage would really cut it? Neither is even close to being up to the task, and at this rate, you can kiss goodbye to a few evenings or your entire weekend to achieve something that you’re kind of happy with. Great…
Fear not though. There is a smarter option, and it comes in the form of the Sun Joe SPX3000 pressure washer; the ideal choice for anyone who wants to rid the exterior of their home or vehicle from grease, grime, and dirt as easily, and most importantly, as quickly as possible.
As you’ll see in the next few minutes, the SPX3000 comes packed with the right mix of brains as well as brawn to make light work of those mundane, outdoor cleaning tasks, helping you to reclaim your evenings, weekends, and overall sanity in the process.
From its powerful maximum pressure of 2030 PSI helping you to cut through the toughest dirt and grime with ease, to its selection of five quick-connect pressure washer nozzles allowing you to adapt the output to whatever task you’re completing, the Sun Joe SPX3000 is your ticket to spending less time (and effort!) cleaning and more time enjoying your handiwork.
With its powerful 14.5 Amp/1800W motor that generates up to 2030 PSI of water pressure and 1.76 GPM of water flow and its sturdy plastic construction, the Sun Joe SPX3000 pressure washer is best-suited to non-professional users who want to handle a variety of cleaning tasks around their home or vehicle.
The SPX3000 isn’t intended to be a commercial-grade product, as it likely won’t stand up to the continuous, heavy-duty usage required by the likes of landscapers or auto-detailers, for example. We recommend a more powerful pressure washer with a metal frame in these situations, and while more expensive, they will better stand up to the additional stresses and strains of commercial use.
Regular users shouldn’t be put off by this, however, as the SPX3000 regularly receives positive reviews stating that it is both powerful and durable enough to handle even the toughest of cleaning projects for typical homeowners and vehicle owners.
You can use electric pressure washers like the Sun Joe SPX3000 on homes, buildings, vehicles (cars, trucks, boats, etc.), driveways, wooden decks, patios, lawn furniture and more.
Examples of specific tasks include:
- Removing tar and grease spots from concrete
- Removing caked mud from equipment
- Stripping paint
- Removing oil stains
- Removing rust from steel
- Cleaning brick patios/wooden decks
- Cleaning driveways/sidewalks
- Cleaning vehicles such as cars, trucks, boats, etc.
- Cleaning patio furniture
- Cleaning lawn equipment
- Removing mildew/oxidation stains from houses
- Cleaning bricks
- Degreasing grimy surfaces
The SPX3000 is capable of handling each of these tasks thanks to its powerful motor, high maximum pressure, and its selection of five quick-connect pressure washer nozzles (discussed in detail later) which allow you to tailor the spray to each particular task.
As mentioned, the SPX3000 isn’t suited to commercial-grade tasks, but it is more than capable of handling the needs of non-professional users such as homeowners and vehicle owners, for example.
OK, so we’ve mentioned more than enough times that the SPX3000 features a powerful motor and 2030 PSI output to help you enjoy maximum cleaning power – you get it. But as great as these features are, they form only a small part of what makes a pressure washer truly useful and usable. Just as necessary is the pressure washer’s ability to make that power as manageable as possible to improve and simplify the cleaning experience for beginner and advanced users alike.
The SPX3000 handles this requirement through the use of quick-connect pressure washer nozzles, and the user can fit these quickly and easily to adapt the powerful spray of the jet washer to whatever task they’re completing.
Here is a summary of the various nozzle types that come with the SPX3000:
- 0º high-intensity jet nozzle: This is an extremely powerful nozzle that delivers a high-pressure, concentrated jet stream to wherever you’re cleaning. Use this nozzle for hard to reach locations and wherever dirt is toughest to remove.
- 15º fan-tip nozzle: You should only use this nozzle on surfaces that can withstand the higher pressure, and it’s intended for particularly tough tasks such as removing paint, rust removal from steel, and cleaning up persistent grease and oil stains, for example.
- 25º fan-tip nozzle: This is often the go-to household cleaning nozzle for the SPX3000, and it is best-suited to tasks such as cleaning decks and brick patios, and improving the look of driveways and sidewalks, for example.
- 40º wide-spray tip nozzle: This nozzle is best-suited to cleaning items that require a lighter touch to avoid damage, for example, cars, trucks, lawn furniture, and garden equipment, etc.
- Soap nozzle: Use this nozzle whenever you decide to use detergent with your SPX3000.
Note: Don’t forget to follow the instructions in the user manual, and always take care to choose the most appropriate nozzle for each task to avoid damaging whatever surface you use your SPX3000 on.
You can store the five quick-connect nozzles on the SPX3000’s frame as shown in the image below, helping to keep them safe and secure and ensuring that they’re available for whenever you need them most.
One potential disadvantage of the SPX3000, however, is that it doesn’t feature Sun Joe’s pressure select technology.
With the Sun Joe SPX4000, for example, you’re able to choose between the LOW/1450 PSI setting and the HIGH/2030 PSI setting depending on how much cleaning power you need. Unfortunately, you can’t do that with the SPX3000, with the only adjustment coming from fitting a different pressure washer nozzle.
We touched on the option of using detergent with this model when covering the various nozzle types available above, but the SPX3000 takes this ability one step further than the majority of other pressure washers on the market, though.
You see, the SPX3000 features not one, but two removable 0.9L detergent tanks, allowing you to carry two different types of detergent at the same time. You could, for example, choose to carry a general-purpose detergent for lighter cleaning requirements, and also a higher-concentration option which you could then switch to when you experience tougher cleaning tasks.
While you’ll be able to handle some jobs using water only, there will be situations where you’ll likely need the additional cleaning power made possible from using a dedicated pressure washer detergent, and so having this option with the Sun Joe SPX3000 is a massive advantage.
Swapping between the two (or using no detergent at all) couldn’t be easier either. It’s just a case of turning the handy selection dial located below the pressure washer’s handle – simple!
It shouldn’t come as a surprise that pressure washers experience a considerable amount of stress and strain, with the pump itself being one of the most vulnerable and prone to failure items (especially if the pressure washer is misused), and also one of the most expensive things to fix or replace if it goes wrong.
Thankfully, Sun Joe is aware of this, and they’ve designed a special trigger mechanism for the SPX3000 in a bid to provide some additional protection to the pressure washer’s pump.
Not only does the trigger include a safety lock which prevents the SPX3000 from being used by mistake, but the pressure washer also includes an innovative micro-switch which can detect water flow in the pump. Sun Joe calls this the Total Stop System (TSS), and its primary function is to turn the SPX3000’s motor off once the user has released the trigger and once water has stopped flowing through the pump.
By switching the motor off, the TSS helps prevent the pump from overheating which in turn prolongs its life and helps save energy.
Durability is also improved thanks to the fact that the SPX3000 is made from durable plastic, and while not metal, it should be more than up to the task of protecting the pressure washer’s vital components from bumps, scrapes, and knocks while in use or storage for years to come.
Storing the Sun Joe SPX3000 couldn’t be easier thanks to its compact size which measures just 15.6″ x 13.5″ x 33.9″. Its body also incorporates handy storage for the power cord, wand, high-pressure hose, and the five quick-connect pressure washer nozzles to keep everything together and accounted for.
There’s no need to worry about portability either thanks to the fact that the SPX3000 weighs only 31 lbs, and its wheeled design allows you to transport it to wherever you need to clean with minimal fuss and hassle. Forget about anywhere being off limits too, as the SPX3000 comes with a 20-foot hose and a 35-foot power cable to help you clean further afield with ease.
It’s no great surprise that the Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Joe has been one of the top-selling electric pressure washer models in recent years.
Sun Joe has a stellar reputation for designing and manufacturing quality pressure washers, and this model more than lives up to that reputation while offering great value for money.
While it likely won’t be the best choice for anyone looking for a commercial-grade pressure washer, it will more than meet the needs of general-purpose, non-professional users who are looking to tackle the dirtiest of home, outdoor, and auto-cleaning projects as quickly, thoroughly, and hassle-free as possible.
We’ve included a summary of the various advantages and disadvantages of this Sun Joe pressure washer below to help you make up your mind.
of the Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Washer
- Get considerable bang for your buck thanks to the SPX3000’s helpful features and very affordable price.
- Cut through even the toughest dirt and grime with ease given this model’s powerful dirt-busting capabilities (it features a more than capable 14.5 Amp motor which can achieve a high maximum pressure of 2030 PSI).
- Quickly and easily adapt the pressure washer’s output to best suit each task by changing between the SPX3000’s five quick-connect nozzles.
- Access hard-to-reach areas such as two-story buildings and the undersides of vehicles thanks to the pressure washer’s 34-inch extension spray wand.
- Adapt the SPX3000 to tackle the toughest grease and grime with the ability to swap between the pressure washer’s two detergent tanks during use at the twist of a dial.
- Enjoy increased safety, reduced energy usage and extended pump life thanks to the innovative lance trigger design which features a safety switch to prevent accidental discharge and Sun Joe’s innovative Total Stop System (TSS).
- Enjoy maximum portability thanks to the Sun Joe SPX3000’s wheeled design, low weight (31 lbs), 20-foot high-pressure hose, and 35-foot power cable.
- A potential disadvantage of the SPX3000 is that it doesn’t feature Sun Joe’s pressure select technology. With the Sun Joe SPX4000, for example, you’re able to choose between the LOW/1450 PSI setting and the HIGH/2030 PSI setting depending on how much cleaning power you need. Unfortunately, you can’t do that with the SPX3000, with the only adjustment to the spray coming from fitting a different pressure washer nozzle.
Sun Joe SPX3000 vs SPX3001
There isn’t a great deal of difference between the Sun Joe SPX3000 vs SPX3001. Aside from appearance, the main differences are that the SPX3001 comes with a hose reel whereas the SPX3000 doesn’t, and the SPX3001 also weighs slightly less (29.8 lbs vs 31 lbs). There are also some very slight size differences, but these are unlikely to influence your decision as to which to buy.
Here is a summary of the key details for each model:
(Scroll table if needed)
Pressure washers are well-suited to cleaning a wide variety of different items, and as such, it’s no surprise that there are a lot of genuine Sun Joe SPX3000 accessories available to help users adapt their pressure washer to different cleaning tasks.
Here are a few popular options:
Sun Joe SPX-FC34 34-Ounce Snow Foam Cannon for SPX Series Pressure Washers
Rinse away gunk, grease grime with a thick layer of lather for a superior cleaning solution in areas such as vinyl siding, windows, auto, boat or patio furniture – and more.
See It on Amazon
Sun Joe SPX-FCS1G Premium Snow Foam Cannon Soap and Cleaner, 1-Gallon
A fast-foaming, high-viscosity snow foam auto wash specially formulated to capture and gently rinse away dirt from your vehicle’s exterior to leave behind a superior shine.
See It on Amazon
Sun Joe SPX-PWB1 Power Scrubbing Broom for SPX Series Pressure Washers
This high-pressure, multi-purpose brush allows you to sweep away dirt, debris grime with the power of water pressure! Compatible with all SPX Series Pressure Washers.
See It on Amazon
- How much assembly is required?
- How much does the SPX3000 pressure washer weigh?
- Can you buy a wand extension to reach higher places with this Sun Joe pressure washer?
- Does the SPX3000 pressure washer feature a reserve water tank to allow it to run with no hose connection?
- Can the SPX3000 draw water from a standing source?
- Do the detergent tanks need to be full during use? I don’t plan to use detergent and want to ensure it can run while these tanks are empty.
- Can you change the PSI setting on this Sun Joe pressure washer?
- Can you wash a car safely with the SPX3000?
- How do you change the pressure washer nozzles?
- How do I know which pressure washer nozzle to use?
- Does this model heat the water it emits?
- How do I winterize the Sun Joe SPX3000?
- What warranty does this Sun Joe pressure washer come with?
of the Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Washer