Greenworks 25302 Lawn Mower:
|Model Number:||SPX4000||Cord Length:||35 Feet|
|Motor:||14.5A, 1800W Motor||Detergent Tank:||Included|
|Power Source:||Electric||Tips Included:||x5|
|Maximum Pressure:||2030 PSI||Foldable Handle:||No|
|Working Pressure:||1450 PSI||Hose Length:||20 Feet|
|Maximum Flow Rate:||1.76 Gallons/min||Hose Thread:||M22|
|Decibels (dB):||96||Product Dimensions:||22" x 18" x 36.6"|
|Water Capability:||Cold||Product Weight:||27.8 lbs|
- 1x Greenworks 25302 G-Max 40V Twin Force 20-inch Cordless Lawn Mower
- 1x 40V 146Wh Battery
- 1x 40V 73Wh Battery
- 1x 40V Charger
- 1x Grass Catcher Bag
- 1x Mulching Plug
- 1x Key
- 1x Operator’s Manual
- Does the thought of using your old, rickety lawn mower fill you with dread?
- Does it cause you to procrastinate to the point that your lawn better resembles an overgrown jungle?
- And when you do finally build up the motivation to mow your lawn, are you left with a finish that could just as quickly and easily be achieved using a knife and fork?
Let’s face it; if you answered yes to any of the above questions, you probably need a new lawn mower, and one that will make mowing your lawn quicker, easier, and while more enjoyable may be a stretch, at the very least bearable!
Enter the Greenworks 25302 cordless lawn mower; the smarter choice for anyone who wants to keep their lawn looking pristine as quickly and hassle-free as possible.
As you’ll see in the next few minutes, the Greenworks 25302 comes packed with a whole host of features to make light work of your lawn mowing needs. From its 20″ cutting deck that makes cutting larger areas faster, to its dual-blade design that provides better cut quality, and superior mulching and bagging capabilities, it could be your ticket to spending less time (and effort!) achieving a pristine lawn, leaving more time to use your garden for summer drinks, BBQ’s, or whatever else you want to use it for.
So without further ado, let’s find out more about the Greenworks 25302…
The Greenworks 25302 battery powered lawn mower is best-suited to the following types of users:
- Non-professional users – We’d recommend it to non-professional users only, for example, homeowners. It isn’t intended to be a commercial-grade product, as it likely won’t stand up to the continuous, heavy-duty usage required by the likes of landscapers.
- Users with small to medium-sized gardens – With its 60-minute runtime and 20″ cutting deck, the 25302 is a good option for medium-sized gardens and smaller (up to about 250m², or about the size of a tennis court). For gardens larger than 250m², we’d recommend going with a gas-powered lawn mower with a wider cutting deck and self-propelled capabilities instead, as they’ll run for longer than their battery-powered, cordless counterparts, and you’ll also cut more on each pass making them quicker to use.
- Users who want a lawnmower that is quick and easy to start – Battery-powered lawn mowers have one considerable advantage, and that’s the fact that they’re easier to start. You can forget about yanking at a pull-starter until your hand hurts or mixing gasoline and two-stroke oil as you need to do with the bulk of gas-powered lawn mowers. Simply add the 25302’s batteries and safety key, press the push-start button, and you’re good to go!
- Users who want to go cordless – There’s no denying the fact that cords can be a nuisance, especially when it comes to lawn mowers. There’s the issue of running out of a cord on a regular basis, the need to untangle it before and during use, and the risk of running over and severing it leaving your lawnmower out of action. These are headaches that we actively avoid, and you can too all thanks to the 25302’s battery-powered design.
- Users who want flexibility with how they handle their grass clippings – Want to mulch your grass clippings? No problem. Prefer to collect your grass clippings instead? Again, not an issue. The 25302 lets you choose either option using either its 13-gallon grass catcher bag or mulching attachment.
- Users with sufficient storage space – Despite the lawn mower’s handle foldable handle for easier storage, the bulk of the size in the deck and motor housing which doesn’t fold up. You’ll probably need a shed, garage, or other large enough storage location as a result.
- Users who will add to their collection of Greenworks 40V G-MAX tools – Greenworks has an entire collection of 25+ tools that the 25302’s G-Max 40V lithium-ion battery works with, including blowers, string trimmers, and chainsaws, etc.
It’s pretty obvious what a lawn mower is designed to be used for, but we’d rather be as specific as possible to help you determine whether the Greenworks 25302 is the right choice for you.
Here are some of the tasks and conditions that it is best-suited to:
- Mowing lawns of about 250m² (about the size of a tennis court) or less.
- Cutting grass to anywhere between 1-3/4″ and 3-3/8″ in length.
- Mulching grass cuttings.
- Collecting grass cuttings in the supplied grass catcher bag.
- Cutting grass on slopes of less than 15° (as per 25302 owner’s manual).
- Cutting dry grass only (to achieve the best finish and reduce potential safety hazards).
As mentioned, the 25302 isn’t suited to commercial-grade tasks, but it is more than capable of handling the needs of non-professional users such as homeowners.
You’ve probably heard the saying that good things come in pairs, and this certainly seems to be the case with the Greenworks 25302. In a bid to boost performance, this lawn mower features not one, but two 40V motors, and it uses two lithium-ion batteries to drive its dual cutting blades at up to 5000 RPM to handle all of your grass cutting needed.
The choice of lithium-ion batteries helps to play a large part in improving the lawn mower’s performance, as possible, as they benefit from having a much higher ‘energy density‘ versus other types of battery. This helps provide the additional power needed for energy-hungry items like lawn mowers, and it also helps to provide a longer runtime between charges.
The 25302 takes this smart power choice one step further, however with its aforementioned dual battery design. While you can only charge one battery one at a time with the supplied charger, you can install both batteries at the same time within the lawn mower, and once one has been used up, the 25302 automatically switches to the other to allow you to continue cutting, and saving the time and hassle of needing to stop to swap out the battery.
All told, the choice of dual lithium-ion batteries helps to give the Greenworks 25302 a very respectable runtime of up to 60 minutes.
The 25302 is also capable of boosting power when needed thanks to its SmartCut technology.
It shouldn’t come as a surprise that thicker, denser grass will place additional load on the mower’s cutting blades, and this, in turn, will lead to the motors slowing down. The opposite is also true too, with lighter grass being much easier for the lawn mower two motors to handle.
In these situations, the SmartCut technology either sacrifices runtime to boost power, helping you handle any denser patches of grass with ease, or for lighter areas, it slows the motors down which helps improve overall runtime. Smart, eh?
SmartCut is just one part of what gives the Greenworks 25302 its superior cutting ability. Just as important is the dual-blade design which we discussed earlier, and in the case of this model, the blades spin in opposite directions to provide a smoother, more even cutting finish versus lawn mowers that come with only one blade.
Also, unlike some cordless lawn mowers that come with plastic blades, the 25302 uses steel blades which have a couple of distinct advantages. For starters, metal blades provide a better quality cut thanks to the fact that they’re sharper than dull, plastic alternatives, and they’re also tougher which means you won’t need to change them as often. And finally, they’re easily maintainable thanks to the fact that you can sharpen metal blades, helping to keep them operating at peak performance for longer.
It’s pretty obvious that the wider a lawn mower’s deck is, the quicker it’ll be to mow the entirety of a lawn thanks to being able to cut more grass during each pass. In the case of the Greenworks 25302, the deck is a more than reasonable 20″ wide, and while not being the widest lawn mower deck by any means, it’s still more than sufficient for the needs of the homeowner who wants to mow their lawn as quickly, but also as thoroughly, as possible.
Next up is this model’s 2-in-1 discharge capabilities, giving you the flexibility to handle your grass clippings in a couple of different ways. Firstly, you can choose to collect the cuttings in the lawn mower’s 13-gallon grass catcher bag, or you can use the supplied mulching attachment to mulch the grass clippings as you cut.
Equally important when it comes to providing a quality cut is the ability to adjust the lawn mower’s height. The Greenworks 25302 features five different height settings which you can select using the handy lever located on top of the lawn mower, and this lets you achieve a cut length of anywhere between 1-1/8″ to 3″. The ability to vary the cutting height is of most benefit when tackling longer grass, as you can cut it gradually lower on each pass to provide the best finish possible.
Although the Greenworks 25302 doesn’t have self-propelled capabilities, it isn’t a struggle to maneuver thanks to the fact that it comes with large wheels and weighs only 42.5 lbs (without batteries).
It’s much lighter than comparable gas-powered lawn mowers as it doesn’t need a heavy engine to provide power, and its polyethylene deck construction is much lighter than steel while still providing the necessary rigidity and strength.
Starting the 25302 couldn’t be easier too, as it’s a simple case of installing the batteries and safety key, pressing the push-start button and pulling back on the lever on the handle to bring the dual motors to life (as shown in the video below). Contrast this to a comparable two-stroke, gas-powered lawn mower which requires seemingly endless tugs on a pull-starter and delicate mixing of gasoline and two-stroke oil, and there’s no question as to which provides more convenience!
OK…OK…you get the fact that battery-powered lawn mowers are more convenient than gas-powered alternatives, but the truth is, they can be much more convenient than electric options too…
For example – we don’t know about you, but we hate cords. They always seem to be ever-so-slightly too short, they’re continuously getting tangled in anything and everything, and we’re usually one small distraction away from running over and severing the cable. That’s why given a choice; we’d choose a true go-anywhere, battery-powered option like the Greenworks 25302 all day long to help avoid these headaches.
A major consideration when choosing a lawn mower is not only how safe it is during use, but also how safe it is during storage, and this is probably even more critical with this model given the fact that it features a simple push-button start.
Thankfully, Greenworks have thought this through and have designed the lawn mower so that it can only be activated whenever the supplied safety key is inserted. Removing this after use will help prevent the lawn mower accidentally being started by a child, for example, while in storage.
Greenworks has a good reputation for manufacturing quality garden tools and equipment, and this battery-powered lawn mower more than lives up to that reputation, all while offering excellent value for money.
If you’re in the market for a lawn mower that’s well-suited to handling whatever general purpose lawn cutting requirements the average homeowner can throw at it, you can’t go wrong with the Greenworks 25302.
We’ve included a summary of the various advantages and disadvantages of this Sun Joe pressure washer below to help you make up your mind.
Greenworks 25302 G-Max 40V Twin Force 20-inch Cordless Lawn Mower
- It offers excellent value for money given the fact that it comes with features usually found on more expensive lawn mowers, for example, dual motors, a dual-blade design, and its lithium-ion power source.
- It is considerably lighter than comparable gas-powered lawn mowers.
- Achieve a better quality of cut thanks to the fact that it uses dual steel blades.
- Handle denser grass cutting requirements with ease given this model’s SmartCut technology which can prioritize performance over runtime when required.
- Minimize the time taken to mow your lawn with the more than adequate 20″ deck width featured on this model.
- Start the lawn mower as quickly and hassle-free as possible thanks to its simple push-start button.
- Enjoy up to 60-minutes cutting time with the 25302’s dual lithium-ion battery power source which automatically swaps over to the second battery when needed.
- Achieve the ideal grass length thanks to the 25302’s 5-position height adjustment.
- Choose between either collecting grass clippings or mulching your grass cuttings as required with this model’s 2-in-1 discharge capability.
- Take the hassle out of mowing your lawn with convenient features such as large wheels and a hard top rear bag which shows you when it is full and needs emptying.
- Store the lawn mower more easily thanks to its foldable handle design.
- Enjoy peace of mind that the Greenworks 25302 cannot be activated accidentally given the handy safety key which needs inserting before use.
- It isn’t really suited to gardens over 250m² in size given its 60-minute runtime and 20″ cutting deck.
- It features a polyethylene deck construction, which while sufficient, isn’t as strong or durable as the steel decks found on more premium lawn mowers.
- You can only charge one of the two supplied batteries at a time.
Greenworks 25223 vs 25302
There are quite a few differences between the Greenworks 25223 vs 25302.
Firstly, the 25302 features a slightly wider deck (20″ versus the 25223’s 19″ deck), and it features two blades (as opposed to the 25223’s one blade design). Despite being smaller, the 25223 is 8.5 lbs heavier without a battery, likely due to its steel deck construction versus the 25302’s polyethylene deck.
From a features perspective, the smaller 19″ model (25223) is capable of three discharge functions, including rear bagging, mulching, and side discharge, whereas the 20″ model (25302) is only capable of two (rear bagging and mulching). You also get more cutting height adjustment with the Greenworks 25223 vs 25302 (seven positions vs five).
Here is a summary of the key details for each model:
(Scroll table if needed)
Mowing the lawn is only a small part of what it takes to maintain a clean and tidy garden. There’s also edge trimming to think about, and cleaning up with the inevitable grass clippings and leaves that would take ages to brush up without having a powerful jet blower to hand.
Here are a few options to help you tackle all of your gardening needs:
Greenworks 12-Inch 40V Cordless String Trimmer, 2.0AH (Battery Included) 2101602
Tidy your garden’s edges with this string trimmer that features a 12″ cut path and a 0.065″ dual line auto feed head.
The variable speed trigger gives you power when need it most, and the ergonomic design and auxiliary handle make it comfortable to hold and use.
It’s compatible with the 25302’s G-Max 40V Li-Ion System making it a perfect addition to your gardening arsenal.
See It on Amazon
Greenworks 40V 110 MPH – 390 CFM Cordless Jet Blower, 2.5AH (Battery Included) 2400802
Leave your garden looking tidy after mowing and trimming with this jet blower that features an innovative jet fan design which maximizes air-flow and is capable of 110 MPH / 390 CFM for gas-like performance.
It also features a soft grip handle and lower vibration for increased user comfort.
You can use it with the 25302’s Li-Ion battery system to handle even more of your garden needs.
See It on Amazon
Greenworks 40V Cordless String Trimmer & Blower Combo Pack STBA40B210
Why settle for a jet blower or a string trimmer to accompany your Greenworks 25302 lawn mower? Well, with this combo pack, you can have both.
Take advantage of the trimmer’s 12″ cut path and the jet blower’s powerful 110 MPH / 390 CFM output to make quick work of your gardening requirements.
Both tools work with Greenworks G-Max 40V Li-Ion System for added convenience.
See It on Amazon
- How much assembly is required?
- What garden size is the Greenworks 25302 recommended for?
For gardens larger than 250m², a battery-powered lawn mower probably won’t have enough battery life (unless you purchase multiple additional batteries which perhaps isn’t cost effective) and a corded model will be an inconvenience.
A self-propelled, gas-powered lawn mower with a wider cutting deck is a better option for large gardens, as they’ll run for longer than their electric counterparts, you’ll cut more on each pass making them quicker to use, and they’re also much easier to use over long periods.
- What capacity is the grass catcher bag?
- Is the 25302 self-propelled?
- Does it come with a charger?
- How long does it take to charge the 25302’s batteries?
- Is it easy to install and remove the batteries?
- How heavy is the 25302 compared to other lawn mowers?
When compared to other electric models, the 25302 is on the lighter side too – the Black+Decker CM2040 is a close competitor which weighs 47 lbs compared to the Greenworks 25302’s 42.5 lbs (without batteries), for example.
- Does the 25302 feature a push-button start?
- How does the Greenworks Smart Cut technology work on this model?
Greenworks 25302 G-Max 40V Twin Force 20-inch Cordless Lawn Mower