Bosch GTS1031 Table Saw:
|Model Number:||GTS1031||Table Top Dimensions:||22.5" W x 20" D|
|Motor:||15A, 5000 RPM||Depth of Cut at 90 degrees:||3-1/8"|
|Power Source:||Corded Electric||Depth of Cut at 45 degrees:||2-1/4"|
|Warranty:||One Year||Max Rip to Left of Blade:||7-3/4"|
|Cutting Diameter:||10"||Max Rip to Right of Blade:||18"|
|Blade Type:||24T Carbide||Tool Dimensions:||22.5" x 22.5" x 13"|
|Arbor Size:||5/8"||Tool Weight:||52 LBS|
- 1x Bosch GTS1031 Table Saw
- 1x 10″ 24-Tooth Carbide Saw Blade
- 1x Rip Fence
- 1x Miter Gauge
- 1x Smart Guard System
- 1x Push Stick
- 2x Blade Change Wrenches
- 1x Bosch GTS1031 User Manual
There’s no denying the benefits of using a table saw versus manually cutting timber.
In general, table saws are faster, more accurate, they allow for easier cutting, and they’re inherently more versatile given the multitude of different cuts you can perform with them thanks to the ability to change out the blade as and when needed.
The truth is if you’re in any way interested in the quality of your woodworking or timber cutting, you really can’t afford not to use a table saw.
The Bosch GTS1031 is one such option that ticks many of the boxes for both keen DIYers and professional tradespeople alike.
With its powerful 4HP motor, more than adequate rip capacity, the ability to quickly and easily change the blade, important built-in safety features to give you peace of mind while using it, along with the reputation enjoyed by its manufacturer Bosch, there’s no reason why it shouldn’t feature high on your list of options.
That’s all well and good, but is it the right choice for you, though?
Let’s find out by looking at everything you need to know about the Bosch GTS1031 table saw…
The Bosch GTS1031 is easy enough to use and comes packed with enough safety features (anti-kickback pawls, a blade guard, and a push stick, for example) to make it a great option for keen DIYers.
It’s also sturdy and powerful enough thanks to its metal frame and 4HP motor to make it an excellent choice for professional tradespeople, too.
The following types of cut are possible with the Bosch GTS1031 either using the existing 24T carbide blade or by changing out the standard blade and insert:
- Rip cuts
- Cross cuts
- Miter cuts
- Bevelled cuts
- Dado cuts
- Rabbet cuts
Want to cut through the toughest of hardwoods with ease? In that case, you’re going to need a table saw with a good horsepower output, and at 4HP from the Bosch GTS1031, it’s one of the most powerful table saws on the market.
The cutting surface itself is a 10-inch, 24-tooth carbide blade, which when combined with the powerful 15-amp, 5000 RPM motor, gives you plenty of cutting power to handle virtually any DIY requirement and the majority of commercial woodworking requirements with ease.
Jumping back to the carbide blade for a second…These are becoming an increasingly popular choice given their ability to provide more precise cuts versus steel blades, and given that they benefit from better long-term durability which helps save you money from not needing to replace blades as often.
Carbide blades can also cut through more robust materials that would usually destroy conventional cutting blades, giving you the peace of mind that the GTS1031 will be able to handle whatever you throw at it.
Power is just one aspect of a useful table saw, though. Just as necessary is the flexibility to handle a variety of cuts, and the GTS1031 makes this possible thanks to some of the features which we’ll discuss in the next section.
As mentioned, the Bosch GTS1031 comes as standard with a 10-inch, 24T blade size. Sounds impressive – but what does that mean really?
Well, this blade size is a popular choice on a lot of table saws including the GTS1031 and the DEWALT DWE7480, as while they do provide a rougher cut versus blades with more teeth (for example 50-80), the larger gaps between the teeth allows for dust to be ejected more efficiently, resulting in lower heat build-up and reduced motor strain helping you cut larger, tougher requirements much more easily.
The good thing is that you’re not limited to this blade type with the GTS1031, as you can change out the blade in a flash if you’d prefer a higher-toothed option for smoother cutting.
OK…enough about the blade…what about the cutting capacity itself?
The GTS1031 can handle cuts of up to 3-1/8″ at 90 degrees, and 2-1/4″ at 45 degrees which is likely to more than sufficient for the majority of your needs. The rip size is pretty decent too, but it certainly isn’t the largest on the market or even in this price range at 7-3/4″ to the left of the blade and 18″ to the right of the blade.
Handling complex cuts is relatively easy too thanks to the GTS1031’s ability to bevel between -2° to 47° (see below). Just turn the wheel located on the front of the table saw, adjust the bevel angle to whatever is required indicated on the visual gauge, and lock the angle using the red bevel lock handle and you’re good to go!
Finally, despite not being a dedicated miter saw, it’s even possible to complete miter style cuts with the GTS1031 thanks to the supplied miter gauge.
Using the Bosch GTS1031 couldn’t be any easier, giving you more time to focus on getting the job done rather than configuring endless settings.
Here are just a few of the features that make it as easy as possible to use:
- Switching it on is a case of pressing a single button.
- Don’t worry about removing the entire table top to change the blade. Simply remove the handy red table insert to change the blade in a flash.
- The square-lock rip fence features an exclusive self-align feature which you can quickly and easily move or lock into place by raising or lowering the lock handle.
- The dust chute can be accessed without tools for even easier cleaning and maintenance.
- The Smart Guard system is not only adjustable (3 positions), but its components (Riving Knife, Anti-Kickback Device, and Barrier Guard Device) are all part of a modular system that requires no tools to assemble or disassemble.
- The Bosch GTS1031 features under-table storage to keep items such as the rip fence, smart guard system, push stick, wrench, and cable cord safe, secure and accounted for during transportation or storage.
- It also features a balanced one-handed carry handle to aid portability and make transportation as easy as possible.
If you’re a professional contractor, you probably don’t have the luxury of keeping your table saw safe and secure in your workshop. As such, you’re going to need a table saw that is sturdy and durable enough to handle all of the bumps, knocks, and scrapes it’ll experience on the job site.
Thankfully, this is well within the remit of the Bosch GTS1031 given its durable, all-steel base design.
Don’t worry about too much additional weight either, as it’s designed to be as lightweight (only 52 lbs) and portable as possible despite its sturdy credentials.
Another benefit is the fact that the Bosch GTS1031 is specifically designed to be used with their GTA500 folding stand which sells separately (see below image). The durable four-leg design of the GTA500 helps keep the table saw planted during use and at a more convenient working height whenever it ventures outside of your workshop and onto the job site.
It shouldn’t come as a surprise that table saws can be dangerous to use if you don’t follow the manufacturer’s guidelines correctly.
Besides detailing key safety instructions in the owner’s manual, this Bosch table saw also comes with some essential safety features which help increase safety and reduce the risk of injury to the user.
It’s worth noting that each of these safety features are built around a modular design, meaning you can quickly add or remove them without tools as quickly and easily as possible (we never recommend removing them during use, but it’s handy that they can be taken off so quickly when preparing to store the GTS1031).
Firstly, there’s the Riving Knife and Anti-Kickback Device which is an important safety feature on any table saw, and its purpose is to keep the two cut sections of timber separate as you send a piece of timber through the table saw to prevent dangerous kickback.
Kickback is particularly prevalent during the rip cuts which the GTS1031 specializes in, and while the riving knife cannot prevent it entirely (always follow the correct usage procedures to minimize the risk of kickback as much as possible), it does a good job of eliminating a good portion of the risk.
Next up is Barrier Guard Device, and its purpose is to reduce the risk of the operator’s hand coming into contact with the rotating blade. In the case of the GTS1031, this features a transparent design to provide as much visibility as possible while increasing the user’s safety.
As mentioned above, each of the removable safety features can be stored under the Bosch GTS1031’s table while not in use (see image below).
If you’re in the market for an affordable table saw that provides a good balance between power, convenience, and ease of use, the Bosch GTS1031 will likely be at the top of your list.
It comes packed with more than enough features to make it a good match for more expensive table saws on the market, yet comes at a low enough price tag to offer considerable value for money.
The main drawback in our opinion is the smaller than average rip capacity both left and right of the blade, with there being alternative table saws in this price bracket that offer a considerably larger cutting capacity. We’d also welcome a soft-start and motor brake function, but if we’re honest, the Bosch GTS10131 is still more than enough table saw for the vast majority of keen DIYers and professional tradespeople, and shouldn’t be overlooked as a result especially at this price point.
We’ve included a summary of the various advantages and disadvantages of this particular Bosch table saw below to help you make up your mind.
Bosch GTS1031 Table Saw
- With a power output of 4HP, it’s one of the most powerful table saws on the market.
- DIYers and professional tradespeople can handle the majority of their cutting needs with ease thanks to the GTS1031’s high no-load speed of 5000 RPM and durable 10-inch, 24T carbide blade.
- Easily handle a variety of different cuts thanks to the table saw’s ability to bevel between -2° to 47° and the quick-plate system that speeds up changing the blade.
- Handle larger cuts with ease given the GTS1031’s ability to cut up to 3-1/8″ at 90 degrees and 2-1/4″ at 45 degrees.
- While not the largest on the market, the rip size of 7-3/4″ (left) and 18″ (right) should be more than sufficient for the majority of mid to large-sized cuts.
- Take advantage of the extendable table top to support larger pieces of timber during working, and the square-lock rip fence’s exclusive self-align feature which can be easily moved or locked into place by simply raising or lowering the lock handle.
- Stay safe given the GTS1031’s Smart Guard system which is not only adjustable (3 positions), but its components (Riving Knife, Anti-Kickback Device, and Barrier Guard Device) are all part of a modular system that requires no tools to assemble or disassemble. Safe and quick!
- Be confident in the GTS1031’s ability to handle all the bumps, knocks, and scrapes you can throw at it given its durable all-steel base design.
- Store and transport it easily thanks to its relatively lightweight (52 lbs) and its balanced carry handle.
- At 7-3/4″ (left) and 18″ (right), the maximum rip capacity of the GTS1031 is smaller than comparable table saws in the same price bracket.
- It doesn’t feature a motor brake to stop the blade after shutting off.
- It doesn’t have a soft-start function.
DEWALT DWE7480 vs Bosch GTS1031
Other than the manufacturer, there are surprisingly few differences between the DEWALT DWE7480 vs Bosch GTS1031. Both feature a 24T carbide cutting blade, the same 5/8″ arbor size, and they have the same cut capacity at both 45 and 90 degrees, for example.
The main difference comes in the form of rip capacity, with the DWE7480 featuring a maximum rip that is quite a bit larger on both the left (12″ vs the GTS1031’s 7-3/4″) and right (24″ vs the GTS1031’s 18″) sides.
The GTS1031 also features a slightly higher no-load speed of 5000 RPM versus 4800 RPM, and it weighs slightly more at 52 lbs versus the DWE7480’s 48 lbs (surprising given that the DEWALT model is quite a bit larger than the Bosch table saw).
We’ve written a full feature of the DEWALT DWE7480 table saw if you’d like to learn more.
Here is a summary of the key details for each model:
(Scroll table if needed)
Want to use your Bosch table saw at the job site? How about minimizing chip-out to improve the quality of your cuts? Or, perhaps you’d rather use a dado cutting blade instead of the standard blade that comes with the GTS1031?
Not a problem.
Bosch has you covered with the following GTS1031 accessories:
Bosch GTA500 Folding Stand for GTS1031 Saw
The Bosch GTA500 table saw stand is the perfect accessory for your Bosch table saw. It features a lightweight (14lbs), foldable design that makes it easier to transport and store while being durable enough to handle all of your needs at the job site.
See It on Amazon
Bosch TS1012 Zero Clearance Insert GTS1031
The Bosch TS1012 is a zero-clearance insert that has been specifically designed for the Bosch GTS1031. It is helpful when performing precision cuts at 90 degrees as it reduces kerf clearance and supports wood closer to reduce chipping.
See It on Amazon
Bosch TS1013 Dado Cutter Insert for GTS1031
The Bosch TS1013 is a dado cutter insert designed for the Bosch GTS1031 table saw. It can accommodate up to a 1/2″ stack, and the kit comes with both the cutter insert and combination washer for use with wider dado sets.
See It on Amazon
- How much assembly is required?
- Does it come with a blade?
- Does it come with a stand?
- Does it feature a soft start function?
- Is the blade height adjustable?
- Does the GTS1031 feature a motor brake?
- What is the maximum rip size of the Bosch GTS1031?
- Does the GTS1031 accommodate dado blades?
The maximum dado width on the Bosch GTS1031 is 0.5″ while the maximum dado diameter is 8″.
- Does the top need to be removed to change to a dado blade?
- Can a zero clearance insert be used with this Bosch table saw?
Bosch GTS1031 Table Saw